CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 5, 2011

PATIENCE

Patience-- this word is slightly irritating to me right now. Because it's after 1 am and I'm am Patientely waiting for my mind to relax so I can drift off into a Deep sleep. This sleep thing has gotten really frustrating lately. I feel like my mind just goes 90 miles an hour and I can't seem to shut it down lately. I am exhausted!! In fact twice this week I've taken afternoon naps, because of my lack of sleep. I also fell asleep in the shower the other night and was awakened by Cold water. Brr :(
So tonight I'll share a quote from a very wise man, that has really had me thinking during all my sleepless nights recently..

Patience means accepting that which cannot be changed and facing it with courage, grace, and faith. It means being “willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon [us], even as a child doth submit to his father.” Ultimately, patience means being “firm and steadfast, and immovable in keeping the commandments of the Lord” every hour of every day, even when it is hard to do so.

This statement is really Hard for me to comprehend and at the same time so simple. If we are willing to become humble and realize that without Christ's help, life is IMPOSSIBLE,and if we
patiently wait for answers to prayers,and the divine help that we need to make it through
life, our lives will be so blessed. Sometimes such a hard thing to even imagine!
I know that learning to be Patienct wih ourselves is probably one of the hardest things, because we are sometimes, our own worst enemies and we fail at seeing what others see. But more importantly we fail to see what the Lord see's and I'm sure it would hurt him to know that we don't see the potential and arn't willing to give our best efforts in being steadfast and immovable.

This whole article is amazing and I encourage you to read it. It really has made me think!!
Lds.Org -Continue in patience -by Elder UcHtdorf.

No comments:

Post a Comment