CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh That's Holiday

So I got caught up with the blog challenge and haven't posted hardly anything since then, so I thought I would do a recap of "The Holidays."
Well I'll start at Thanksgiving!
Our Thanksgiving was a pretty quite one, this year. We ate Thanksgiving dinner at the Willows and it was just the Willow, the Parents, Ashley, Lola,Nathan, and Myself. Although it was just a small group, we didn't starve! We had the usual feast and the goblets were present. Of Course. Nate dipped his elbow in the food, we all laughed through the prayer, and created more memories, with the photo shoot after we were all Stuffed!  Then it was "Black Friday" preparations, Mapping out all the game plans. This year we tried something a little new, WE DIDN'T SLEEP!! Stupid, you say. I agree :)
We headed to Wal-Mart at about 10:30 p.m. and didn't return till the next morning. I got yelled at by an ignorant man Who called Me Naughty Words? What a Jerk! That's okay, We scored all the loot we wanted and chalked it up to another successful Black Friday!
Then on to Christmas! I love Christmas, I love why we celebrate, and I sorta Love buying presents, this year I was pretty strapped for cash, and this created some serious stress for my insides. I wanted to buy gifts for all of my Favorite people, and I think I pulled it off.
I started my shopping on the last few days before Christmas.  Not fun, and I hope to be way more on the ball for next year. Maybe I should start saving NOW! hmm, What a concept?
Christmas Eve is another night filled with fun traditions, we usually gather at the willows and eat dinner and then we, all get geared up to do the Nativity. This has been a family Tradition for as long as I can remember.
My Grandpa used to always read the Christmas story while we acted it out, and since he passed away, my dad has taken over that job. This part has gotten a little more dramatic and a little more embarrassing over the years, but we have a Great time and create lasting memories.
This year I was a "Wise man" and was excited that I could wear one of the "coats". Next year it's a Fur coat All the way!!
We started a new tradition a few years back of doing a white elephant gift exchange, we do this by reading a left- right poem. Who ever picked this years poem, should have been shot. OOPS, sorry guys.
 It's been fun to see what crazy things are opened at the end, a toilet brush, a box of cereal, a Flea collar, and Lot's of other creative things :)  After all the madness, we end the night with singing Christmas carols. Such a great time with Family.
Then it's headed home and off to bed upstairs, we have all slept upstairs since we were young. usually we play games and eat treats and just hang out till we drop, this year "people" were a little sleepy so we didn't do much, but it was still lots of fun.
Christmas Morning, we all wait on the stairs for the go ahead! We always come down together to see the tree lit up and toasty fire to keep us warm and then check out What Dear old Santa brought.
That about wraps it up. I love spending the Holidays with the Family. Great times and Memories that will last forever.
Here are just a few of the Holiday Shots that were taken!















No comments:

Post a Comment