CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

TESTIMONY

Greg Olsen - The Light of the World

What is a Testimony?
Well this has been the question on my mind lately.  This Sunday, I get the Opportunity to teach a Lesson on Testimonies in Relief Society.
I have never been comfortable getting up and speaking in public, In fact it Terrifies me. I Literally make myself sick worrying about it.
Well this week has been No different, reading articles and preparing, except the fact that I have been questioning where my Testimony is at.
I know that I have a Testimony, but sometimes I wonder, how I can be better, so that my testimony will be stronger and I will "feel" it more.
I'm not sure that I have ever been able to stand and bear my Testimony in public without getting emotional, because the things that my Testimony are based on, are some of the most important things in my life, and I know my life would be so different without them.
So What is a Testimony?
A testimony is a spiritual witness given by the Holy Ghost. The foundation of a testimony is the knowledge that Heavenly Father lives and loves His children; that Jesus Christ lives, that He is the Son of God, and that He carried out the infinite Atonement; that Joseph Smith is the prophet of God who was called to restore the gospel; that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Savior's true Church on the earth; and that the Church is led by a living prophet today. With this foundation, a testimony grows to include all principles of the gospel.

I'm so thankful for parents who raised me in the Gospel, and who taught me the importance of staying close to the Savior. I have a Testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith, he is an Amazing man, who at such a young age, did things that I'm not sure I would have the courage to do at any point in my life. I'm so thankful for the Scriptures, and as I take the time to study, my understanding grows, and I feel Safe.
My life would be so different without the Understanding of the Atonement, and the opportunity that it provides me to repent and come closer to Christ. The Sacrifices that have been made so I can return to Him, help me want to be a Better person.
I have a Testimony of the Priesthood and the Blessings that come as we follow the counsel of Priesthood leaders, who love us and are concerned for our well being.
I know that as I continue to do good, and try harder daily to be better, that my Understanding of "my" Testimony will increase. I'm so thankful to be a member of the church and to know these things for myself. I know that God Lives and he Love me, and I know that as I continue to learn and grow in the Gospel, my Testimony will be strengthened.

Here is a great article to read from a President. Henry B Eyring- A Living Testimony(lds.org) Sorry, if I was smarter, I'd post the link, but I couldn't figure it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment