CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 25, 2011

Gratitude is Not Overrated

Nothing to do with this post. I just LOVE them
I heard a comment the other day that Gratitude is overrated. Today I am going to disagree.
I have kinda been in a Slump lately and as I sat in bed last week thinking about life and How good I've got it. I realized just how Grateful I "Should" be.
I am a pretty Lucky girl and this thought reminded me of a church article about having An Attitude of Gratitude, I realize that Attitude plays a huge part in my day. If my Attitude sucks, then I make it hard for those around me to have a positive attitude, same with those people I surround myself with. If they are Crabby, it's easy to have a Negative attitude. I know that Life isn't always easy, or fair, and I compare my life with people who in my opinion "Have it All" and it's hard sometimes to see people who have husbands and sweet children and realize that it's what I want more than anything in this Whole Wide World, I know that It's still a possibility that I will find "Mr. Right" and have those beautiful Blond Haired, Blue Eyed Spoiled rotten kids. But for now it's not my life,  SO I need to find Joy in the Journey TODAY,  Easy, probably not, but it's my new goal.  Wish me Luck :)
 To help with this, I have started taking time everyday to find reasons to be Grateful, some may seem a little far fetched but they are all "my" reasons  I should show Gratitude.
Here are Just a Few I listed Last week
 I'm Grateful For:  A Loving Father in Heaven who Knows me and Loves me  No Matter What.
 I'm Grateful For:  My Family who supports me and loves me even when I'm Grumpy
 I'm Grateful For:  Cozy Pillows and Blankets to curl up in, when I feel like Crap
 I'm Grateful For:  Mandy who invited me over for a Great lunch and catching up.
 I'm Grateful For:  Faithful Church Leaders who are Extremely Patient and willing to just Listen
 I'm Grateful For: Glee- They make me Smile
 I'm Grateful For: Reagan- She is so sweet and sassy all at the Same time
 I'm Grateful For: Pain Medication to knock me out when the pain is more than I can stand
 I'm Grateful For: Music to add to my mood- good or bad
 I'm Grateful For: The Atonement that allows me to be forgiven and try harder tomorrow
 I'm Grateful For: Milk and Cookies
 I'm Grateful For: Talented Crafter's/Cooks' that I can Learn from
 I'm Grateful to just Chill with the Fam
 I'm Grateful For:  Sunshine amidst all the snow and ice
 I'm Grateful For:  My preschoolers and how they teach Me regularly
 I'm Grateful For:  Quotes that make me think
 I'm Grateful For:  Friends who care and are Honest even when I don't want to hear it
 I'm Grateful For:  The knowledge that I am still A Daughter Of God

See I have a lot to be Grateful for and it's amazing how when you look for the good you WILL find it!!

2 comments:

  1. Stacy Chandler. I Love you! I, too, have found it extremely hard to be grateful and get out of my personal funk lately. I started keeping a gratitude journal. I've tried to just write something everyday that I'm grateful for-whether it be cookies or kittens or my job or whatever!! I am grateful for really awesome people like you that make me feel happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for you too!! I need to remember to count my blessings when life sucks. I am very grateful for your friendship. And chocolate. Right now that's all I can come up with. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete